The visitor center of Hesse’s only national park invites you to discover the secrets of the Kellerwald-Edersee National Park.
The exhibition ‘BaumTraum’ (Tree Dream) is devoted to the topic of ‘wilderness’. Wilderness is defined as a self-contained nature that is able to develop without any human influence.
Let yourself be surprised by extraordinary perspectives, exhibits for turning, pushing, sliding and cranking, as well as a unique 4D sensory movie. The exhibition takes you into the wilderness and reveals to you many little secrets about the National Park’s beech forests.
The exhibition is divided into three areas: the ‘UrSchätze der Wildnis’ (Primal Treasures of the Wilderness), das ‘WaldWerk’ (Forest Works); this part of the exposition consists of interactive exhibits that convey unusual insights into to wilderness of the Kellerwald, and the ‘4D-SinneKino’ (4D Sensory Cinema), where visitors are shown a unique movie that explains the ever-changing wilderness)!
April to October
daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
November to March
Tue - Sun 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed on December 24th and January 1st
Group admission by appointment, including exclusive evening tours.
Free admission for holders of the ‘MeineCardPlus’.
Free admission for holders of the ‘WinterbergCard plus’ during the season from April to October.
Holders of the ‘Hessische-Ehrenamt-Card’ receive a discount.
- Adults: € 6.50
- Reduced admission: children 6 years and older, pupils, students, disabled persons, participants in the ‘Voluntary Ecological / Social Year’ (upon presentation of a valid ID card): € 4.00
- Children up to 5 years enjoy free admission.
- Family ticket (two adults with their own children under the age of 14 years): € 16.00
- Groups of 10 or more adults: € 5.20 / person
- School classes enjoy free admission!
- Groups of 10 or more children: € 3.00 / person
Admission & guided tour of the National Park’s Visitor Center for groups of 10 or more adults: € 7.00 / person
Guided tours of school classes are free of charge
Admission & guided tour of the National Park’s Visitor Center for groups of 10 or more children: € 5.20 / child
(The Visitor Center of the Kellerwald National Park)
Weg zur Wildnis 1
Phone: +49 5621 9040 160